Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 11, 2009


All is well around the  house.  Sam just finished getting over the flu...now I am just waiting for the next victim to succumb.  I made it to the store today to stock up...just in case I am house bound with the plague for another 6 days when the next Barclay drops. : >)  

While Sam’s been under the weather Noah has had to make it through his school days without his brother.  He was very anxious to have to go through his school day “alone”.  I hadn’t realized how much Noah relied on Sam for ‘safety’ until Sam wasn’t able to be there for him and Noah voiced his anxiousness of having to go it alone at school.  He did fine.  On Monday morning I broke the news to Noah that Sam had to be home again.  He muttered something like, “Noah work, Sam work...too much.”  But I didn’t really get what he was saying.  That afternoon Noah came home very determined and sat down at the counter with homework.  He had several letters cut out, one of them being the vowel “0” that is colored yellow. His homework, he explained, was to create words, “two letter words, three letter words”  with those letters.  So together  Noah and I create words, “to, do, so, hop, mop, lop, bop” and so on.  We came up with at least 10 words. He was very proud of himself as he wrote the words down.  When the homework was completed I told him to write his name at the top of the paper.  He wrote, “Sam”.  I said, “Noah...you need to write YOUR name.”  He said, “No mom, Noah does Sam’s work...Sam too sick...Noah do Sam’s work....Noah do Noah’s work....too much!” and then he smacked his forehead with palm and sighed.  What a big big heart. : >)

No comments:

Post a Comment