Thursday, February 12, 2009

October 24, 2008


Noah is doing great.  We have setbacks now and then but overall he’s moving forward.  I think the biggest challenge now is keeping him busy during the weekends.  He loves the routine that Monday-Friday  gives him.  There’s just a little too much free time on the weekends.  Last Saturday, for instance, I could not stop him from working around the house.  He trimmed my roses and other plants...hauled two wheel barrow loads of compost down to the woods.  I told him he didn’t have to do that, go and play.  He washed my car with a rag and Duncan’s water dish...I told him he didn’t have to do that, go and play.  He washed down the patio and scrubbed it with a push broom...I told him he didn’t have to do that, go and play.  He folded a basket of laundry...I told him he didn’t have to do that, go and play.  He mended a hole under the dog kennel with mud and river rock...I told him he didn’t have to do that, go and play.   Finally I thought he was settled into hanging out with Nick at the tree fort.  Jeff and I had a free moment to talk...when up from the woods Noah appears...carrying a wood crucifix about 3 feet tall on his back...like Jesus from the Passion of Christ.  He had built Jeff and I a ‘mesket’ or wooded cross with some leftover wood from Nick’s tree fort and was walking up through the field with his creation resting on his back...once again, like Jesus. : >)  He was SO proud of it and marched right inside with it and placed it on our fireplace.  So....here comes the weekend and my challenge is having Noah try to act like a typical 6 year old... a challenge  for which he has never been given the chance...until now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment